Inspera exam process for teachers
Pre-exam checklist for Inspera online exam
- Review Information on different Question Types to help you select the right question types.
- Ensure the exam has been designed with accessibility in mind.
- Check for spelling mistakes, making sure that the answer selection is correct and correctly spelled.
- Check all questions have appropriate marks allocated.
- Make sure all necessary marking schemes are uploaded or included in the question set (if applicable).
- Preview question and question set(s) to review formatting so that it meets accessibility requirements. If needed, refer to How to preview and format questions.
- Ensure the correct naming convention ‘Course name – Term Code’ is used for the question set. E.g., ARTHIST 114/114G – 1213
- Share with colleagues to complete internal review
– Course assessor
– Head of Department or nominee
– Faculty administration (if applicable)
Submit to Assessment Services
- Create a cover page using the exams cover page template. Always include student instructions on this page.
- Fill out and submit exam submission form.
Submission deadline: Please see the Staff Intranet for the submission deadline.
- Share question set(s) with Assessment Services.
- Ensure that all students are suitably prepared by following the guidance on preparing students for Inspera exams.
- Learn about what happens next after you have submitted your exam to Assessment Services on the workflow for Inspera exams. Note that start times for online exams will be set up by Assessment Services, including those with special conditions and overloaded students.
What does Assessment Services do behind the scenes?
Once you have filled in the exam submission form, Assessment Services will create your exam in Inspera.
- Create a new test in Inspera.
- Import your question set.
- Add the allocated exam dates and times, the cover page, and settings as per your form.
- This is also where they include all your grading requirements.
- Add the Academic Integrity statement to the exam.
Once the exam has been created:
- They check your exam includes all information and attachments noted and that the allocation of marks is included.
- If the exam meets requirements, they will contact you to confirm the exam has been successfully created.
- If the exam does not meet requirements, they will contact you to ask you to make changes to your exam.
- Assessment Services will add any additional time allocated to students with special conditions.
- The exam will be activated and made visible on students’ Inspera homepage. Note that while the exam will be visible, students will not be able to access the exam until the allocated day/time.
Inspera online assessment platform
An overview of Inspera including links to self-help resources, setting up an Inspera test in Canvas, and pedagogical advice.
Inspera question randomisation
A guide to randomising questions and answers.
Page updated 27/07/2023 (added help FAQ and see also section)